Reef Beat 2003
In 2003, Reef Beat was developed as a curriculum-based education program for students who read the Newspapers in Education (NIE) lift out in local newspapers. Newspaper editorials (feature articles) in the NIE lift-out and the educational activities included here will:
- Expose students to the Great Barrier Reef;
- Develop opportunities to enable the protection, wise use and understanding of the Great Barrier Reef;
- Develop greater knowledge about and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef;
- Develop independent reading skills;
- Develop vocabulary about the Great Barrier Reef;
- Enhance comprehension about the Great Barrier Reef; and
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills in relation to Great Barrier Reef issues.
You may need Acrobat Reader for some of the following documents.
Get Acrobat Reader
Reef Beat Resource Kit
File size: 2117k